Effective Date: October 1, 2022
This Privacy Statement describes the practices of Hunt & Taylor Law Group LLC (“Hunt & Taylor”, “we” or “us”) with respect to personal information we collect through our website. In this policy, you can learn what kind of information we collect, when and how we might use that information how we protect the information, and the choices you have with respect to your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you visit our website. For example, we collect information about you when you:
- Fill out the “contact” form on the website;
- Use the chat feature available on the website; or
- Submit a comment or question or otherwise communicate with us through the website.
The personal information we collect may include your first and last name, street address, telephone number, email address, communication preferences, and other information you submit through the website.
Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information), (collectively, “Sensitive Information”) via the website chat or contact form. If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submissions.
Cookies and Automatic Collection:
We also collect certain information automatically when you visit our website (“Technical Information”). Technical Information may include
- The IP address of your device
- The type of browser used to access the website
- The device and operating system you used to access the website
- Other identifiers associated with the device you use to access our Sites
- The pages you visit and the features you use on the website
- Dates and times you accessed the website, and if you navigated from or navigate to another website, including the address of that website
We may use services hosted by third parties to assist in providing our services and to help us understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
How We Use Personal Information Collected through the Sites
We use personal information we collect through our website to contact you, to provide you with information that you have requested, to provide additional information which we believe may be of interest to you, to enhance or improve the website, for security purposes, or otherwise to operate our business.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When authorized by you.
- With third party service providers retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as necessary to provide services to us.
- If we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial fraud or theft, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
We do not sell any of your personal information obtained through our website.
Your Choices and Rights
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via phone number, contact form, or mailing address as listed on our website. To request details of the personal information we hold about you or to delete or rectify any inaccurate personal information about you please contact us using any of the contact information listed on the website. We will handle any such request in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the website designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our website. The use of the internet creates inherent information security risks, and we are not able to guarantee the security of our website.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Statement applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
We describe the personal information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement in the part of our Privacy Statement titled “Collection of Personal Information.” The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, identifiers listed above.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Electronic, visual or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes (e.g., we may collect this information in connection with website analytics or job applications).
We collect this personal information when you use our Sites. For more information, please see “Collection of Personal Information” above.
We have not disclosed to other businesses or third parties any personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Statement. We have disclosed personal information to our service providers for business purposes in the prior twelve (12) months. The information we have disclosed for business purposes may include some or all of the categories listed above.
For more information about the categories of entities to which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Sharing of Personal Information” above.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights in the information listed in this Additional Notice for California Consumers. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law. These rights are as follows:
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information.You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Right to Access and Information regarding Personal Information.You may request that we disclose to you the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt Out.You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.
You may request to exercise these rights by contacting us via phone number, contact form, or mailing address as listed on the website.
As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. We may not discriminate against you in response to your exercise of the above rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level of quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality goods or services.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
Changes and Questions
Hunt & Taylor may revise this Privacy Statement from time-to-time. Please check this page periodically for changes.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or our practices with respect to personal information, please contact our office.